Nou Tepirith is a Founding Partner of BOU NOU & OUK LAWFIRM. He has over 24 years’ experience as a legal adviser and used to be a Former Public Defender and attorney representing clients in criminal trial, represented by mandate in civil litigation, and providing clients with legal advice and associate in the cases above in particular procedure, conflict on competent of Jurisdiction. Drafted legal regulations, legal contracts, agreements, a provisional statement, memorandum, and correspondence resist protecting client’s interest between one customer to another customer, between client and court jurisdiction and court or related field. As advisor, NTR gives a legal opinion within strategies of drafting maps indicate to solve the procedure issues and strategies to defend for clients lead to professional success. Receive clients as natural person and as group or association as approximately 5,000 people and, legal entities and private about 150 people. In total around 2,700 cases.
- PROFESSIONAL AND CUSTOMER:
1993 – Present Former Public Defender and attorney representing clients in criminal trial, represented by mandate in civil litigation, and providing clients with legal advice and associate in the cases above in particular procedure, conflict on competent of Jurisdiction. Drafted legal regulations, legal contracts, agreements, a provisional statement, memorandum, and correspondence resist protecting client’s interest between one customer to another customer, between client and court jurisdiction and court or related field. As advisor, NTR gives a legal opinion within strategies of drafting maps indicate to solve the procedure issues and strategies to defend for clients lead to professional success. Receive clients as natural person and as group or association as approximately 5,000 people and, legal entities and private about 150 people. In total around 2,700 cases.
- Interview and Consultant in direct or in meeting:
Interview and consultant direct with clients in professional office and place about 30,000 actions and clients around 3,500.
- Consultant indirect:
Consultant and give legal opinion in oral, via electronic and phone about 50,000 actions.
- Consultant through the written:
Consultant through written about 3,000 duplicates, and about 15,000 pages.
- Draft legal letter in the jurisdiction procedure:
Draft memorandum, a provisional statement or technical report in criminal action, civil, commercial, labor, investment bank, insolvency, land, insurance, etc. On any cases and every court in all level and public authorities like as general legal professional both in private sector and public sector around 3,800 duplicates, calculated as page is about 25,000 pages.
- Draft legal private letter:
Including drafted on contacts, agreements, any regulations as private letter for client and relevant guests from inter-professional service both natural person and legal entity around 3,000 duplicates and around 18,000 pages.
- PROFESSIONAL AND POSITION AS ADMINISTRATOR
2010 – 2017 As speaker, NTR gives opinion to client or counterpart in resolving disputes in the bankruptcy case and alternative dispute resolution on behalf of lawyer and senior legal advisor for Administrator as “Administrator” appointed by Ministry of Justice in 30 meetings, and about 200 hours.
- PROFESSIONAL AND INVESTMENT FIELD AND BUSINESS
2002 – 2017 As Advisor, NTR gives opinion to client of planning request credit clear debt, invest on economic land concession, Special Economic Zone, Land Development and Service in this field about 1,500 meetings and actions about 18,000 hours.
- PROFESSIONAL AND CRIMINAL COURT
1993 – 1998 As Public Defender, NTR defended in criminal action in the trial in Sihanouk Villes Province, Phnom Penh and High Court such as Appeal Court and Supreme Court about 150 criminal cases.
- PROFESSIONAL AND TRIAL
1998 – 2003 As attorney in criminal action, as represented by mandate in Civil litigation, commercial, Intellectual Property, Labor, Traffic, Investment, Insurance, Land, Inheritance, Family, etc. All in criminal action, civil, and others cases about 300 cases.
- PROFESSIONAL AND EXECUTIVE INSTITUTION
2008 – 19 JANUARY, 2015 As speaker and member of Jurist Council of Ministry of Cabinet in Kingdom of Cambodia, NTR gave consultative technical in drafting legal regulations, legal public policy related to amendment on Constitution law, drafting law in framework of Executive, Legislative, and Judicial as position of Council member of Council of Minister in 70 meetings, and about 250 hours.
- Professional and Legislative Institution
2004 – 2013 Former speaker and advisor in advising legal opinion, made a legal papers over draft laws or any proposals requested to former president of senate and relevant legislative has position as legal advisor which had attended meeting around 35 times about 150 Hours.
- Professional and Bar Association of The Kingdom of Cambodia
2002 – 2012 Former speaker and attended in meeting, consultation related todraft laws relevant to legal professional, institutional management Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia and progress of conducting this institution has position as council member of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Professional and Public Institution
2001 – 2011 Former member including in meeting of consultation in progress of conducting including Cambodia and became member of the International organization WTO with Ministry of Commerce and relevant institutions positioned as Legal expert representative behalf of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia which has attended meeting around 100 about 300 Hours.
- Professional and Media
1993 – July 2016 Former speaker of legal analysis, advertisement in public to listener audience accordance voluntary for RFA, Voice of America (VOA), any international news around 150 times about 200 Hours.
- Professional and Democrat Institution
2001 – 2002 Former Security consultant for subcommittee permanent security station of National Election Committee of Cambodia or “NEC” position as assistant which has attended meeting around 30 about 120 Hours.
- Professional and Education
2001 – 2002 Former Law professor at Norton University in Cambodia, taught 150 Hours.
- The Obligation to Serve in National Army
1990 – 1993 Deputy Director Soldier and Assistant of Commander of the Navy in Ministry of Defense locates in Maritime.
24 YEARS IN LEGAL PROFESSIONAL
- 05 April – Present Attorney and running professional firm name NOU AND PARTNERS LAW OFFICE sustained from the previous firm BOU NOU OUK LAW FIRM since 2003.
- 2003 – 05 April, 2017 Attorney and former senior founder established (BOU NOU OUK & Partners)
- 1998 – Present Professional lawyer as individual, Partners, and Law Firm
- 2002 – 2003 Lawyer who established BOU NOU OUK LAW FIRM
- 2000 – 2002 Lawyer in BNG Law Office, Practiced professional with other Partners.
- 1998 – 2000 Former professional lawyer registered professional office as Individual and registered in Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- 1994 – 1998 Former Public Defender in criminal case of CHARTO as association defender group to defense in criminal cases violate on Human Right case to criminal court in Cambodia.
- 1993 – 1994 Former Public Defender in criminal case locates in Sihanouk Ville Court appointed by authority of United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia or UNTAC.
- 1993 – Present Educated and trained in professionalism measure and practiced in career as public attorney and lawyer in career for almost 24 years regularly since 1993.
- 2005 – 2007 Graduated Master degree in Law “Private Law” at the Royal University of Law and Economics in Cambodia.
- 26 – 30 March 2007 Certificate finished training on “International Criminal Law” which is issued by Bar of Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia cooperated with Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia “ECCC” and East-West Centre “EWC”
- 2004 – 2007 Certificate on “Participation in Academic Seminar” HAGUE Academic of International Law 32nd External Programme Session of Phnom Penh.
- 14 – 16 March 2006 Certificate on “Law Aspect” of Electronic Commerce or “E-Commerce” provided by Ministry of Commerce and cooperated with UNTAD/ TRAN FOR TRADE.
- March 2001- March 2002 Certificate of Lawyer professional training provided by Bar of Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia and Japan Federation Bar Association, Bar Association of Lyon (France) and Canadian Bar Association).
- June – October 2001 Certificate on making legislative drafting provided by high commissioner on Human Right in Cambodia of United Nationtraining to senior legal professional in Cambodia.
- 1996 – 18 March 1997 Passed Bar examination in 2nd generation, received certificate as professional lawyer (Professional Lawyer Training School) of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 10 March 1997 – June 1998 Received certificate for practicing lawyers and registered as member in Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 1994 – 1996 Passed the examination and received certificate on “Free Market Contract Law” program of University of San Francisco of Asia Foundation Organization cooperated with Ministry of Justice of Kingdom of Cambodia. (Trained Lawyers, Judges, and Jurists over the country.
- February – March 1993 Receive certificate on Human Right Law trained by Human Right field of UNTAC.
- 1987 – 1990 Passed and received bachelor degree on Philosophy in University Phnom Penh.
- 1983 – 1986 Graduated University of Pedagogy and college of central in Phnom Penh on Social Science in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 1980 – 1983 Former secondary student in Kompong Thom City, Cambodia.
- 1968 – 1975 Former primary school student in Kompong Thom City, and Secondary school Kompong Svay, Kompong Thom Province.
POSITION AND PROFESSIONAL SKILL
- 05 April – 2017 Present Lawyer and President of NOU & PARTNERS LAW OFFICE.
- 1998 – 2017 Lawyer and Former Senior Partner Founder of (BOU NOU OUK & Partners) then became as President of (BOU NOU OUK LAW FIRM)
- 2010 – 2017 Mandate Administrator and position attended in resolving insolvency case according to Law of Insolvency as appointed by Ministry of Justice.
- 2008 -2015 Former Jurist council member appointed by government, served in Ministry of Cabinet in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 2005 – 2013 Former legal consultant for former president of senate in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 2002-2012 Former Bar Council Member in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 2001 – 2011 Former legal team represent behalf of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia in prepared Cambodia organization became as full member of World Trade Organization “WTO”
- 2005 – 2009 Former Chairman of the civil committee of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 2004 – 2009 Former member of Private sector, advocacy in field of investment and business with member of Cambodia government and another supporter countries.
- 2001 – 2003 Former Department director of defense civil and criminal cases for poor people of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 2001 – 2002 Former Professor at Norton University.
- 1993 – 1997 Former Public defender “CHARTO” had mission defense case at Court of First Instance in Phnom Penh, Kandal, Kompong Chhnang, Porsat, Banteaymeanchey, Koh Kong, and Preah
- 1993 – 1994 Former Public defender as appointed by United Nation Transitional Authority to Cambodia or “UNTAC” locate at Court of First Instance in Preah Sihaknouk Province.
- 1990 – 1993 Former soldier in the Naval commissioner in Maritime of Ministry of Defense in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 1986 – 1987 Former professor in literature at Secondary school in Koh Kong
- 1985 – 1986 Former professor in literature at Secondary school Vat Koh, Phnom Penh or Secondary school in Kompong Thom Province.
RESEARCH, EDUCATION, LEGAL ADVERTISEMENT AND ACHIEVEMENT
- 2010 – Present Compiling Data and legal regulations which was published in the Royal Gazette for using as enter in force in Cambodia from 1982 until present which had published in website bno.com.kh that has data size of around 14,000 legal texts and laws. This achievement is joint ownership of NOU AND PARTNERS LAW OFFICE and BOU NOU OUK LAW FIRM.
- April 2016 Advertisement seminar and launch for using in bno.com.kh or legal data base and delivery book of legal text without charging fee to civil organization and any universities around 50 units and organizations which have spent their own fund and lawyer team cost around $35,000.
- 2015 Compiling printed legal text as book related to legal field and Court (printed for using test around 100 books, about 1,000 pages)
- 2010 – 2013 Established voluntary lawyer helping defense in criminal case for poor people without charging fee at Appeal Court, Supreme Court and Court of First Instance in Sihanouk Province.
- 2012 Former review team member and drafted amendment on lawyer ethic of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- 2010 Compiling data final decision of Supreme Court in criminal case accordance the won auction over the project supported by USAID from 1996 – 2006 as supporting organization and international development of the United States of America.
- 2005 – 2009 Former Civil committee chairman of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia, reviewed and drafted civil code and civil procedure code.
- 2004 – 2008 Former legislation team on private advocacy field with government and supported countries in advocacy, analyst, review modification, amendment, and drafted legal regulations serve for tax, investment, and business fields. Especially amendment on Article 46 of Transitional Criminal Code UNTAC 1992 on Article about breach of trust.
- 2006 – 2007 Lead to studied research on project on possibility to create foundation trial or penalty trial which won in the auction from Asia Development Bank (ADB) cooperated with the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Interior as well with the sub national
- June – September 2003 Former educator of law on forest in project supported by OXFAM international organization for forest administrator officer in any sub national provinces such as: Kratie, Kompong Cham, Steung Treng, Ratanakiri, Mondolkiri, Kompong Thom, Siem Reap, Porsat, Koh Kong, Kompot, Kompong Speu, Kompong Chhnang, Battambang, Sihanouk ville.
- 2001 – 2002 Taught law at Norton University, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- 2003 – 2017 Received and approved for students, trainees do internship and trainee lawyers came to legal professional, researching study enforcement execute on professional rule and law around 70 people. In among those people some has become professional, around 40 have become judges, lawyers, or jurists and around 05 people have become prosecutors through examination and 01 has become as Bailiff. Beside of those, law students in young generation prepared to pursue their Master Degree in domestic and in abroad or received good careers have high salary in private sector and public institution.
AWARD AND HONOR
- 2010 – 2013 Received acknowledgment letter from Supreme Court for former BOU NOU OUK & Partners which has provided service of defense criminal case for poor people as felony case without charging fee for almost 3 years.
- 10 April 2012 Received Royal honors Mony Saraphorn grade Mahasrey Vath from King Norodom Sihamoni, the king of the Kingdom of
- 16 March 2011 Received Royal honors as Mohasena from King Norodom Shihamoni, the King of the Kingdom of Cambodia which has masterpiece in work as legal advisor of former president senate of the kingdom of Cambodia.
- 19 August 2008 Received Royal honors as Mony Saraphorn grade Thebdin from Prime Minister Hun Sen, which has masterpiece in work of progressing team work include Cambodia became as member in World Trade Organization (WTO).
- 04 August 2008 Received acknowledgement letter and appraisal letter from Prime Minister Hun Sen for support in national defense sector.
- 09 September 2009 Received acknowledgement letter and appraisal letter from Prime Minister Hun Sen for support in national defense sector.
- 10 June 2009 Received acknowledgement letter and appraisal letter from Excellency Deputy of Prime Minister on Ministry of Cabinet for supported in Education Sector.
- 2008 – 2013 Provided and supported charitable donation and direct or indirect participation on action over National Red Cross, sub national serve for humanitarian sector etc. Education, Public Health, recuse victim affected from natural disaster; Rural Development; fixing and build orphan center; older; mosquito net deliver in
- Malia Zone; Hospital; Bridge; road; religious monasteries; national defense; rehabilitation to the victims of the influence of using drug etc. In the amount of donation is approximately $50,000 within one decade.
Khmer (Native), English (Average), French (Average), Vietnam (Average).
SKILL AND TALENT
General Advocacy, Public Speaker, Legal Proceeding in the jurisdiction, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Legal Analyst and public policy.
Arts; Adventure in Mountainous Nature and Ocean, funny rhetoric, society action, educational materials, and religions.
Interested working in team, as independent society, freedom, high determination and professional responsibility